The Northrop Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is dedicated to building a strong school community. This is done by:
- Raising funds for school activities, capital improvements, classroom and media supplies;
- Supporting our fabulous teachers and staff with annual stipends, meals and more;
- Providing students with access to educational or social opportunities such as Every Meal, Art Adventure, Midwest Food Connection and many others.
PTA meetings are the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 6:30pm. For the 2022-2023 school year, PTA meetings will take place in person in the media center. Free childcare is available. EVERYONE is welcome to attend.
2022-2023 meeting dates: 9/21, 10/26*, 11/16, 12/14*, 1/18, 2/15, 3/15, 4/19, 5/17, 6/7
*Starred dates indicate non-3rd Wednesday.
PTA MAILING LIST
Want to receive meeting reminders, calls for volunteers and other information from the PTA? Sign up for an account on the PTA website to be added to our mailing list, or join PTA as a member!
BECOME A PTA MEMBER
Visit the PTA membership store and become a Northrop PTA member today!
All parents, caregivers and staff are welcome to attend PTA meetings regardless of whether they are a member.
The Northrop PTA is a tax-exempt, non-profit organization that is part of the Minnesota State PTA. Dues paying PTA members can vote on business items and spending decisions. Member dues help provide for our continued non-profit status, and for our online store and email communications hub. Membership must be renewed annually.
Membership dues are not intended to be a barrier to access, and they are not a fundraising vehicle for the PTA. Sponsorship is available. Please contact email@example.com.
ORDER SPIRIT WEAR
Spirit Wear including Northrop T-Shirts, hats and yard signs can be ordered online!
Orders will generally be sent home with your student. Alternate arrangements for picking up/dropping off orders can be made.
MEETING SLIDES AND MINUTES
View the most recent meeting slides here: Northrop PTA Meeting Slides
View this year's meeting minutes here: Northrop PTA Meeting Minutes
SPECIAL PTA PROJECTS
A few of the projects PTA funded in the last couple of years:
- Outdoor classroom with log benches and birch trees
- Gaga ball pit
- Upgraded sound system in the gym
- Ukuleles for music class
- Entryway mosaic art mural by Angela Talle
- New hydration systems with water bottle fillers
- Staff lounge enhancements
- Bike fix-it station
- Classroom set of snowshoes
- Rock climbing wall in the gym
- Yearbooks to all students at no cost
- Yard Sign to all families at no cost
Northrop Caregiver Directory
We have created a Northrop Caregiver Directory via our MemberHub site (which is also used for PTA purposes, school store, silent auction, etc.).
This is a place where families can choose to share contact information and join classroom “hubs” with the intention of building and strengthening our neighborhood and educational community.
Please note that this directory is managed entirely by caregivers, not the school, and participation is completely optional! And, we would love to have as many families represented as possible.
Requests to join will be approved by admins; please do not share the unique link below with people outside of our Northrop community.
1. Use this unique link to create a free and secure MemberHub profile: https://northrop.memberhub.com/join/4af02d
2. Each adult who wants to access the directory should create their own login using the above link. In step 3 below, each person will create their “family” which may contain the info of additional adults with their own accounts but the system will combine them based on email addresses into one family unit.
3. Complete the information for each caregiver and each current Northrop student (i.e., info for caregiver 1, info for caregiver 2, info for caregiver 3, info for 2nd grade student, & info for 5th grade student). You may need to use the “Add another person” button towards the bottom of the page to get everyone in.
Please note the role selection of “parent/guardian”, “child”, or “other” from the dropdown menu.
**You can decide which contact info
to provide for each member of your caregiving unit– email and/or phone number**
4. Choose which “hubs” you’d like to join from the list once you have added all persons of your caregiving unit. This will mean choosing each of your children’s teachers.
5. Once our directory is filled in with as many families as possible, you will be able to log in and search by individual, by family, or enter your hubs to find people. There is also the possibility of sending group communication to your hubs or creating events.
Reach out to me, Robin Fischer, with any questions or if you need more support: Robin.E.Fischer@gmail.com